What: Editors BC monthly meeting
When: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 7:00–8:00 pm
Where: Online through Zoom
Cost: Free for Editors BC members and students.
Join us in winding down the Editors BC 2019–2020 season with an online meeting to recognize our volunteers and to elect the 2020–2021 executive team. This is usually our wine and cheese event, so bring a beverage of your choice and get to know our incoming exec!
We will be electing members for up to eight vacant positions on the 2020–2021 executive. Co-chair roles share the duties of the position but count as one seat on the branch executive board. We welcome volunteers from all over the province to join the executive. These positions, with a brief description, are:
- Branch chair: leads executive meetings, liaises with the National Executive Council, and supports other executive members as needed
- Treasurer: manages the branch’s finances
- Two programs co-chairs: plan and host monthly members meetings
- Two professional development co-chairs: plan and host the branch’s professional development seminars
- Publications chair and managing editor of West Coast Editor: manages Editors BC’s blog
- Volunteer coordinator: oversees the BC branch’s volunteers and acts as the first point of contact for any new volunteers
If in-person meetings recommence in the fall, we will also be looking for volunteers to fill the following non-executive positions:
- Livestream volunteers: set up and monitor the livestream feed for our monthly meetings (volunteers do not have to be available for every meeting)
- Refreshments volunteers: help buy and set out refreshments for our monthly meetings (volunteers do not have to be available for every meeting)
Because this is an election meeting, only members are eligible to attend. Information on how to access the meeting will be emailed to all Editors BC members.
Would you like to become more involved in the running of your branch? Are you interested in helping in other ways, big or small? For detailed information on these and other roles, visit our Get Involved page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image by Shutterstock