What: Editors BC monthly meeting
When: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 7:30–9:00 pm
Where: Online through LiveWebinar
Cost: Free for Editors BC members, non-members, and students.
Join Editors BC for an online social, where we will discuss a variety of topics and issues related to editing during this unprecedented time. The meeting will be moderated and led by members of the Editors BC executive and will offer a chance for members to share their experiences and ask questions on topics such as:
- Has your editing practice and the way you work been affected by COVID-19?
- Do you have children or other dependents at home? How do you manage your editing work/business while also supervising your children and their schooling?
- What are people’s long-term plans for editing in the time of coronavirus? How do we prepare for these upheavals, both economically and emotionally?
- Do any of the government relief programs apply to editors?
- What are we doing for fun these days?
We need your feedback for future meetings
We also want to hear how we, as a branch, can best serve you during these times. Whether or not we are able to meet in person in the future, we’d like to bring you more online offerings. What topics and structure would you like to see for online meetings? We had thought of doing presentations and discussions, rotating hosts from different parts of the province, but we welcome everyone’s ideas!
How to join
Join us on LiveWebinar by computer or mobile.
Click on this link: https://livewebinar.com/422-440-142
LiveWebinar is an online meeting and webinar platform, so no installation is required.
Our online room will open at 7:15 pm. If you join before the host does, you will receive a “waiting room” message over a blank screen. As the platform host, Lynn Slobogian will allow everyone into the room.
The default setting for all attendees is “mute” with no video. Lynn will review the process for asking questions or commenting once the meeting begins.
Image by Shutterstock