Please join us for our annual general meeting on May 17, when Editors BC will be holding elections for five positions on the 2023–2024 executive. Joining the executive is an excellent way to network and connect with colleagues.
The following positions are open:
- Co-secretary (one position open, one position taken): takes minutes at monthly branch executive meetings and acts as archivist by maintaining the Google Workspace shared folders
- Member services chair: attends monthly executive meetings and manages member relations
- Professional development co-chair (one position open, two positions taken): plans and hosts the branch’s professional development seminars (PD co-chairs are able to attend all Editors BC seminars free of charge!)
- Programs co-chair (one position open, one position taken): plans and hosts monthly members meetings
- Treasurer: liaises with national bookkeepers on financial and banking matters, acts as co-signing officer, and prepares a yearly branch budget
We strongly encourage members throughout the province to join the executive. This past year, Editors BC members from Vancouver Island, the Okanagan, and the Interior served as executive volunteers.
The executive meets monthly via Zoom, usually for an hour. We also hold at least two longer meetings (2–3 hours), usually in January and April.
Please note that student affiliate members are welcome to hold any of the above executive positions except co-secretary and treasurer. Editors Canada bylaws restrict those positions to regular members only.
If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information, please email Editors BC volunteer coordinator Justin Chevrier at email@example.com.
Featured image copyright: sodis/123rrf.com