What: Editors BC professional development seminar
When: Saturday, October 16, 2021, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Where: Online through Zoom
Cost: $90 for Editors Canada members ($70 early bird), $170 for non-members ($150 early bird), and $50 for student affiliates. Advance registration required. Registration closes October 12, 2021, at 11:59 pm; early-bird rates are in effect through September 21, 2021.
If you’re ready to grow, register here!
In this workshop, you’ll learn key tips to go beyond “do work, get paid” for your freelance business. Learn how to be bold and embrace being the boss. Stop working at the mercy of your clients and start being in charge of your business! We will look at overall life goals and how your business choices can help make them happen. We will specifically cover:
• setting and raising rates with confidence
• using business retreats and masterminds as tools for growth
• adding services and subcontractors
• saying “no” strategically
• choosing what you work on
• setting and protecting boundaries
• creating new opportunities for yourself
• conducting confident networking and communications
If you’re ready to grow, please join us!
Laura Poole (she/her) has been freelancing as a nonfiction copyeditor since 1997. She specializes in scholarly copyediting in the humanities. She loves training and coaching editors in their career and business paths. She won the Robinson Prize from ACES in 2020.