What: Editors BC professional development seminar
When: Thursdays, September 3–November 12, 2020, 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Where: Online via Zoom
Cost: By donation (optional). Registration closes at midnight on September 2, 2020.
Meet with your colleagues from across the province to prepare, review, and share your experiences in a confidential and supportive environment.
Roma Ilnyckyj will facilitate the sessions, but this study group is not a course, and the facilitator will not teach stylistic editing. Participants are expected to have advanced knowledge of stylistic editing and extensive stylistic editing experience. Editors BC cannot guarantee that participants will pass the exam.
You are welcome to join if:
- You are an Editors Canada member.
- You are planning to write the stylistic editing exam in November, or you are interested in working through Meeting Professional Editorial Standards (MPES) for stylistic editing to assess whether you are ready to write the exam.
- You have extensive experience with stylistic editing and editing in general; this is not a group for beginning editors.
- You can commit to participating in all 11 sessions.
- You can commit to completing exercises and readings according to the schedule.
- You are comfortable using Google Docs (or some other sharing platform).
To participate, you will need:
- A copy of MPES for stylistic editing.
- A copy of the certification test preparation guide for stylistic editing (participants cannot share this document; you must purchase your own).
- A high-speed internet connection.
- The basic reference books that you’ll be using for the exam.
Register online now.
Not a member of Editors Canada? Join today!
Roma Ilnyckyj is a Vancouver-based Certified Professional Editor. She works at CPA Canada, where she edits educational content.