What: Editors BC monthly meeting
When: Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 7:00–9:00 pm (elections start at 8:00 pm)
Where: Alma VanDusen Room, Central Library, 350 West Georgia Street, Vancouver | map
Cost: Free for Editors BC members, non-members, and students.
Summer is coming! Join us in winding down the Editors BC 2019–2020 season with an ice-cream and refreshments social and volunteer recognition night.
We’ll also be electing members for four positions on next year’s executive 2019/2020. These positions, with a brief description, are:
- Branch chair: leads executive meetings, liaises with the National Executive Council, and supports other executive members as needed
- Professional development co-chair: plans and hosts the branch’s professional development seminars
- Member services chair: manages member relations and staffs the welcome desk at member meetings
- Programs co-chair: plans and hosts monthly members meetings
Furthermore, we’re looking for volunteers to fill the following non-executive positions:
- Refreshments volunteers: help buy and set out refreshments for our monthly meetings (volunteers don’t have to be available for every meeting)
- Live stream volunteers: set up and monitor the live stream feed for our monthly meetings (volunteers don’t have to be available for every meeting)
Want to become more involved in the running of your branch, or interested in helping out in other ways, big or small? For detailed information on these and other roles, visit the Editors BC Get Involved page at https://www.editors.ca/local-groups/british-columbia/get-involved or email Roma Ilnyckyj, Past Chair, at email@example.com.
The election portion of the meeting will be live streamed starting at 8:00 pm.
Image by Shutterstock