Couldn’t attend EAC-BC’s October 17, 2012, lecture on e-books? Listen to the audio recording.
Couldn’t attend EAC-BC’s October 17, 2012, lecture on e-books? The lecture, given by Lara Smith, print and digital coordinator at D&M Publishers, was detailed and educational. She reviewed different e-book formats and the kinds of content best suited to each.
- Discussed different conversion methods and compared in-house and conversion-service workflows.
- Reviewed a typical conversion and explained what kind of work is required after export, particularly to accommodate various e-reading devices.
- Reviewed the inside of an EPUB file and metadata requirements.
- Discussed digital rights management options.
- Discussed how deciding to produce an e-book can affect the editing process.
Listen to audio recording (EAC log-in identity and password required).